An Easy-to-Build Syringe Pump
This is my attempt at coming up with a better dosing mechanism for my bartending robot (more on that soon). It’s a cheap, easy to build syringe pump using off-the-shelf parts.
What I used:
- Pololu stepper with 18cm leadscrew
- 100ml syringe from Amazon
- A handful of Actobotics parts
- A Pololu DRV8825 stepper driver
- A Teensy 3.1 (could be an Arduino or any other micro)
- Check valves, tubing, and a T-coupler. They’re not shown in the video, but these are common aquarium parts from Amazon.
The only modification I had to make was to cut the plunger ring off the syringe and drill some mounting holes in the plunger top and the grip flange.
You could easily make the metal brackets from aluminum channel. You could also use a cheaper stepper with a threaded rod coupled to the shaft to save on cost.
Here’s a short video of the action: